Thursday, August 02, 2007

so scary

today, at work, one of our regulars came in and told us that one of the bridges over the mississippi river collapsed a few minutes ago. a few other people came in and talked about it, and i went around and spoke with all my employees to make sure that they could call their loved ones if they needed to to make sure they were safe. i didn't see any pictures until i got home at 10:30, and the goosebumps i got earlier turned into a stomach ache.

my heart and prayers go out to the families who lost a loved one in this horrific accident. i am also grateful to the many heroes that risked their lives to save those who went down with the bridge.

8 comments:

Sarah BTW said...

when i heard about it my first thought was "i hope amanda is safe..." so i'm glad to hear that you're ok.

amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda said...

thanks for thinking of me. i never go over that bridge, since i live on the other side of the twin cities. it still freaks me out, because it seems so surreal. i can't think about it without getting sick to my stomach or really upset.

please pray for those still missing or hurt.

Jordan Stalker said...

Glad to know you were safe. I never expected to see anything like that happen, especially not in Minneapolis. It's somewhat fortunate that, at most, a dozen people died when you think of how many people drive 35W every day, especially at rush hour. Glad you didn't transfer.

I guess closing the store sometimes has its merits.

Momoko Photography said...

We're glad that you and Pete are okay. We thought about you guys when we heard.

Emichan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emichan said...

Glad to hear you and Pete are okay. Yes, that is SO scary and I just pray for all of those affected by such a scary tragedy. It is even more scary for you because it is so close. On a side note, I asked Dave what that book was from Evil Dead 2... he told me the Necromonicon (don't know the right spelling...) I just had to laugh! I bet he and Pete would get along! Other than that, I hope all is well. Take it easy Amanda! Emi

Anonymous said...

if your husband knew that, then he and pete would get along. i have a lot of respect for anyone who knows that. it was love at first text for us...haha.