Tuesday, October 27, 2009

been a while

so i got a "complaint" that we have been neglecting our blog. i didn't realize that many of you even read our blog anymore. maybe you do and do not comment. if so, then i fault you!

kidding. i just have been sort of out of it with my blogging lately. we've been keeping busy, and i've had some other projects that i've been working on (i.e. organizing past photos, gathering materials for izzy's halloween costume, lots and lots of cooking, etc.). i will try to do at least a blog a week going forward, just to make ryan...i mean, everyone happy.

so here is what we've been doing:


seeing beautiful views from our balcony


visiting with old but best-est friends


watching old but good bands reunite for a show


tried out some oversized rocking chair for the mansion we will someday own


izzy tested a pumpkin at cornbellys to see how pumpkin-y it was


izzy is really into puppets (thankfully, not the marionette kind) and enjoyed this show


izzy tried on some new glasses


izzy also started driving. hasn't your kid?


here, she shows me how to sit properly on playground stairs


my first pumpkin carving ever


pete's best pumpkin carving ever


i made spicy pumpkin soup the other day. someone told me you can't use the stringy stuff in pumpkin for food, and here i prove them wrong.

8 comments:

Tish said...

Izzy is so cute! That picture of her on the stairs looks like she's about to try out for a broadway show.

Breezy said...

Holy crap! I love your kid! She's is flippin' adorable! Your pumpkins are amazing!!! did you guys do cut outs? I want to carve a pumpkin before Saturday. i think I am going to do it tomorrow but it will never look like yours!

Suzy said...

That really is the proper way to sit on the playground steps... surprised everyone didn't know that.
what a cute kid! AND I am so super-impressed w/ your pumpkin carving skills. Way impressed.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Halloween right? That soup looks good. I made a pumpkin soup once and Matt was not impressed. Cute Izzy pics. And we watched The Proposal last night and I told Matt I wanted remote control curtains in our house someday. He just laughed...Now I can add oversized rocking chair to the list. Hehe.

Ry and Annalyn said...

I am appeased.

Mojo said...

She looks so Japanese, even though she's a quarter.

amanda said...

she's like 1/8 actually, but she really did come out looking more asian than me. funny how that happens.

kendra, the pumpkin soup was awesome. i will have to send you the recipe. i just did an internet search for the easiest one, and this one actually came from oprah magazine. it's spicy too, so it's extra delicious.

suzy, i used a template. don't be impressed with the art, just the mastery of my cutting.

and yes, laticia, it does look like she is trying out for broadway. i thought that too. and...scene!

Sarah BTW said...

so jealous of getting to hang out with ikumi and see my friend fox. totally wish i could have been there.