Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dear Government...

Dear Government,

I would like a bailout. I mean i haven't been the best with my money, but I haven't been the worst. I've made a few mistakes here and there. We have paid our mortgage on time, our car payment, and we still owe some student loans. But I'm thinking of taking all of our money and investing it in something really risky. It might work, or it might not. I think i might let our mortgage lapse, and our car payment. I am also thinking of defaulting on my student loans (after MBA school) . Since we will be just as efficient with our money management skills as those who make far times the amount of money we do, we deserve a bailout. I don't really feel the need to make a good argument for this request. God knows no one else has. But I just want it, so therefore I feel I deserve it. Please email me for our newest address.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Pete

6 comments:

Sarah BTW said...

hear hear!

Ryan and Annalyn said...

P.S. can we please get a "bailout retreat"? My fingers hurt.

Unknown said...

Bravo!
This ties in with Amanda's last post so bear with me.
My upbringing was very much like Amanda's, my dad was a welder and worked all over Northern MN. My brothers and I worked for money at an early age. I am slightly older than Pete & Amanda and I completely remember the same economic situation in the late 70's. I work in the Real Estate field and our office does a huge amount of volume in foreclosures. The thing that astonishes me is how casual people are about letting their homes go back to the bank. Do they know they may NEVER be able to buy a home again. Where are the rewards for those who live within their means! I will step off the soapbox now.

The Human Fund said...

Duh! The government is here to take care of us, Pete! We, as individuals, aren't intelligent enough to take care of ourselves so the government has to do it for us. AND it has to do it for banks and other major companies...because capitalism just isn't important anymore.

My personal plan is to sell weed (or coke; that's probably much more profitable) since that can't exactly be claimed on my taxes and then file for unemployment. I'll say I can't find a job and because I can't the government should pay for me to take care of myself. Well, actually, my neighbors, who have everyday legal jobs and pay taxes, should pay for it and the government will just take their hard-earned money. Sweet deal, huh? I think so, too. I'll be rolling in cash and free food...maybe even free housing if I play my cards right.

Man I love this country.

amanda said...

i'm amazed those aig guys haven't been beaten up by someone because of all their antics. i guess it's easy to hire bodyguards and go away to far countries when you're living on government cheese.

suzy said...

Amanda...I feel the same way! :) Small blogging world! Your baby is darling!