How about an update?
Hmmm....
It has been a while since I posted anything, so here is a little update on me and our family, since most of what I do involves my family.
Well, currently I am flying around the country interviewing for MBA programs. I applied to seven of them. The shotgun approach. In no particular order here are the schools I applied to. Maybe you don't care, but if you do, here you go.
U of Minnesota
BYU
U of Illinois
Indiana University
Arizona State
U of Texas
Texas A & M
So far I have interviewed at ASU and Indiana University. I think the interviews went OK. I hope they did. Feb 23 and 24 I will be in Austin and Collegetown. If any of you will be there, we should go get a water or something.
The future is exciting and scary. Its a big investment and an important decision, but I'm confident that it will help my career and help our family.
Our baby girl Izzy is the most amazing thing that I have ever seen in my life. Everyday with her is a blessing. Being away a couple times in the last week has been a lot tougher than I thought. I was homesick every night and missed being at home with my wife and daughter.
* Quick confession*
I don't know if you have seen the Verizon Wireless commercial where the little girl gives her dad her stuffed animal monkey to take on his business trip? I get teary eyed every time that commercial comes on. It reminds me of coming home from work and the huge smile on Izzy's face when she notices me walk through the door. I think she gets disinterested a few seconds later, but I love those few seconds and that commercial makes me think of that. Glad I got that off my chest.
In 60 days, I will most likely be out of work. Our company is being sold, and we all have a sneaking suspicion that severance packages will be fairly pathetic. I'm kind of in a weird spot since we are going back to school in the fall. I only have 3-4 months to work and therefore I can't really apply for full-time jobs. If anyone has any suggestions, or knows of any summer internships that might be available, let me know.
Well,
Thanks for stopping bye and you stay classy, World!
9 comments:
"We should go get a water" and "you stay classy, World" make this one of your best posts evah
Pete, you can always sell cutco knives if you get too hard up.
I'm so excited for you! Scary times can be the best times. You'll kick ass.
This is for amanda. It's Mo, I've been bad at internet lately, so how does photo tag work?
P.S. Good Luck Pete
oh, sorry. i guess you look thru your photo album on your computer and pull up the 4th picture in it. post that pic and tell us about it. that's all. i kind of cheated, because the 4th pic in our album was something weird that i didn't know anything about. so i had to scan. do whatever.
I say work for Zion's security. I have a pretty good in, if you want an interview. I know people. Specifically, I know the president. I also know the owner and CEO.
Craig,
I'm not sure how to tell you this...But I'm kind of a Big Deal.
i really hope that you go to byu so that we can all hang out. as for a job..my sister was in the same position. she found some temporary full time job because she was willing to move someplace just for those 4 months. a bit harder with a kid, i realize...but something will turn up. i'm sure! possibly some kind of seasonal summer type job?
Post a Comment