Friday, May 01, 2009

b-boy crush

a week or so ago, i stumbled upon this dvd suggestion in my netflix queue. i love documentaries, but even more, i love b-boys. the way they move speaks volumes to me, and watching them always makes me smile and brings out my inner hip hop self.

the movie was called "planet b-boy," and it was amazing. i had no idea, but they hold a competition in germany every fall to celebrate this culture of dance and living. groups from all over the world compete to win the title. there's not a huge claim to fame like in american idol or anything, but many of the groups break out in their own countries being spokespersons and show up in famous music/dance competitions.

here is a little clip to get a glimpse of this new favorite of mine:



*i think i might need to buy this movie.

6 comments:

Sarah BTW said...

that was one of the greatest things i've ever seen.

The Human Fund said...

Awesome! It's always so amazing to see people who can manipulate their bodies in ways like that. It's fascinating to watch.

Jts22 said...

Interesting... I am thinking this is probably how Pete "sealed the deal." He probably busted some of his mad b-boy moves out and totally impressed you. It worked on me anyway. But I'm a sucker like that.

Momoko Photography said...

Saw it and thought the Japanese were totally robbed.

Barbie said...

Dude! So cool! I have to admit I watched this just to find out what a b-boy was. Love break dancing. I think I'll show this to Ethan. He will dig it.

Aims said...

That was pretty much the most amazing thing I've ever seen.