Thursday, November 15, 2007

crazy 8's

after jumping on my friend suzy's blog, i decided i wanted to make my own list. 2008 is fast approaching, and this will be a good way for me see what changes or stays the same in one year. none of this is in order of importance. enjoy...or not.

8 Things I am passionate about
1. my family
2. church
3. my friends
4. good sleep
5. good food
6. being a good example
7. education
8. reading all of your blogs and stalking people who i find bizarrely interesting/apalling

8 Things I want to do before I die
1. do my geneaology for my parents' families (mostly non-members)
2. serve a mission with my husband
3. have 4-5 children
4. travel to europe and asia with my family
5. knit a sweater (i'm an awesome scarf knitter, but let's move on!)
6. build houses for deserving families
7. complete my master's degree
8. own an alpaca llama

8 Books I have read recently
1. What is the What (this book is so amazing, despite how arrogant i think eggers is)
2. Book of Mormon
3. Softies
4. Water for Elephants
5. Systems Approach to Course Design (for my class)
6. Goose Girl
7. the Girls who Went Away (i didn't like this one, even though people told me it was good)
8. Deceptively Delicious

8 Things I often say
1. Cryminitley
2. What the...?
3. Chunky, get down!
4. Hi Bunny.
5. I'm hungry.
6. Don't fart towards me. Fart away from me. (ah, the joys of a flatulent husband)
7. Ugh, my nose. (response to my allergies)
8. Bye bunny.

8 Things that attract me to friends
1. good sense of humor
2. trustworthy
3. not full of drama
4. likes food as much as i do
5. doesn't mind my eccentricities
6. good hygiene (this is really important to me)
7. are genuinely good people
8. thinks Evil Dead II is funny

8 Songs and Albums I could listen to over and over again
1. anything by Sam Beam
2. anything by the Smiths
3. the lullaby album of the Cure, but also the original Cure
4. Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
5. the Meow Mix jingle
6. How it Ends by Devotchka
7. Get it Together by Beastie Boys/Q-Tip
8. Who's Lovin You by the Jackson 5

8 Things I learned this year
1. maturity does not begin at any specific age. it is a learned skill.
2. i love heritage 1981
3. friendship and business do not mix
4. i need to visit my city more
5. my thumb is not green
6. you can't buy a good papaya in minnesota
7. japan is not what i always imagined
8. get some sleep, cuz it will not always be available when you want/need it

8 Random things about me
1. i've eaten blood stew, pig brains, and the infamous balut or fetal duck/chicken egg (duh, i'm half filipino)
2. i love extreme makeover home edition, and i always cry when i watch it
3. i probably almost died on a hollywood street with sarah d.
4. i had sushi a few tables down from salma hayek with sarah d.
5. i was put in in-school suspension once for dressing "inappropriately" to school (in my defense, i was not dressed inappropriately. my school was a fascist regime. you couldn't even wear flip-flops, because they said it distracted others.)
6. i used to think mormons were like amish people before i joined the church
7. i hate worms, clowns, marionettes/puppets, and roaches
8. i' not a good swimmer

8 People I tag
1. sarah b. (formerly d)
2. fritzes
3. veeda
4. eva
5. ikumi
6. sarah m.
7. suzy
8. cindy (she is so gracious to let me)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am embarassed to admit it, but i always cry at the end of extreme makeover home edition too...
i loved the one a few weeks ago about the yazzie family, the navajo family with the amazing teenage son! what 15 yr old boy is that awesome!

I also enjoyed reading what is the what.

sadly, i can also agree with the farting comment as well...

amanda said...

mary! i wish you had a blog, so i could "stalk" you more.

i loved that particular extreme makeover too. the one this last sunday made me cry so hard, my shoulders shook.

and why must boys/men feel that once they are comfortable around you that a fart really close to you is okay? i don't care if they do it, i just prefer it within a safe distance from my schnaz.

Suzy said...

Seriously, boys need to stop with the farting AND the burping. Ben never would have farted around me when we were dating and now it's some sort of game or something. Can't they just go away for a few minutes?

amanda said...

it is a game suzy. cuz pete will do it, look at me out of the corner of his eye, and then giggle annoyingly at my reaction to it. he never did it when we were dating. i think he thought it was okay once i said "i do."

mrs. everything said...

oh ladies ladies, don't act like you've never farted in front of the hub just for the fun of it

amanda said...

liz, i am not saying i never fart around pete. but i certainly do not "share" my farts as a game or anything.

funny how this post really focused on one thing, and it happened to be the most crass topic. so hilarious.

mrs. everything said...

haha I guess that's just me?

Veeda said...

I've had balut too. In the philippines. I think i almost died.

and I'll have to do this soon. thanks for tagging me!

Spencer said...

I can't even tell you how excited I am about you guys. I wasn't sure pete had it in him. And yes the double entendre was on purpose.

eva said...

so i actually did this little tag game. i copied and pasted yours, so if some of the answers sound familiar...it's because i couldn't think of a better way to say it. oh - and i actually watched extreme home makeover last night for the first time... and even though i tried to hide it from kirk, i was definitely crying.