sometimes i wish i didn't have a nose
i've mentioned before that i have a sensitive nose, and i can pick up odors that others either cannot or just tend to disregard.
anyway, there were 2 people that i was around tonight that were pretty smelly. one person just smelled like stale cigarettes, old sweat, and (no joke) a walking fart. the person was nice, but that did not keep my nose from crinkling and me attempting to breath thru my mouth.
the next person had extreme body odor. i mean, the kind that burns and you would think you would get from doing vigorous exercise. this young lady, i'm sure, had not done any exercise that day...so i was confused. i tried to ignore that part of her "essence," until she got really close to my face and had major halitosis. i felt so bad, because the first thought that came into my mind was "how are you engaged when you often smell like this?"
that is why i wish i didn't have a nose. then, i wouldn't be so judgmental.
8 comments:
I feel like this a lot sometimes- especially at the library.
omg, i could only imagine what you have to endure at the library. my ordeal is just at the bookstore, but it's a mixture of some of the employees and a smattering of customers (which is odd, considering i work in a suburban store).
eww. P.U.
I'm so sorry you had to endure smelling such odors. I hate breathing them through my nose, but also through my mouth. I feel like my nose has a better filter. If I breathe through my mouth then I know all the smelly toxins are entering my lungs. It's just this weird thing with me, I guess. It's best just to not breathe at all.
Suzanne and or Ben that is so funny! I am the SAME WAY!
sometimes I try to breathe through my mouth anyway and the taste is almost worse.
Isn't is terrible when someone/something is SO smelly that their smell stays around in your nose and you are afraid that you have caught the stink? has anyone else experienced this?
um, yes. that is why i am so picky about my friends. i don't require that they smell like roses or anything, but just clean. no smell is even better, because i am highly allergic to fragrances.
The first person was pete, huh? At least that is how I remember him.
actually, it was a customer that i was talking to. not pete. pete wasn't really smelly when i was dating him. it was in between when i said "yes" and the first year or so after i said "i do." i've done a lot to get him to shed some of his hippie ways.
Post a Comment