Ok...It's for the Apocalypse. Is anyone with me on this?

Ok. So Amanda and I had a little conversation the other day that went something like this:
Pete: I think I would like to buy a gun. What do you think about that?
Amanda: {Big Pause} Why?
Pete: Well here's the thing. I don't really like guns. I don't really want to shoot it very often, but what about the apocalypse?
Amanda: What in heck's name are you talking about?
Pete: Well, here's the thing. If the world goes to crap while we are still alive and government and society break down and there are hungry people roving the land, we will need to defend ourselves, our home, family and food. So I think it would be a good idea to have some protection.
Amanda: But what about having a gun around with kids?
Pete: Well here's the thing. I don't really want to shoot it. It's not for sport. I will get a lock box and the whole bit. It's just for if we have to protect ourself if the end of the world happens on our watch. That's all.
Amanda: Ok. Whatever.
Pete: Actually, I think we should have a couple of guns.
Does anyone else feel the same way? I mean I'm not doom and gloom and you would never catch me on the street corner in downtown Minneapolis waving a sign that says "Repent the end is near." But just in case...
3 comments:
it's also to keep boys away from izzy and zombies from eating our brains. it'll be our boom stick.
I'm all for having a gun or two on hand. Even unloaded, you just look cooler holding one.
Seriously, though, I'm with you on that.
And to Miss Manders, you will definitely need the gun to protect Izzy from crazy boys. Pistol packin' mama.
Morgan and I had this exact conversation a couple of years ago, except he needs it to protect us from zombies (28 days later, Dawn of the Dead style)...really. So now Morgan keeps one in his nightstand (beware intruders) and a couple in the closet. I even got one as a gift...thanks Morg. However, he does go out shooting once in a while (slightly redneck I know). Hey if it makes them feel better about protecting the family, go for it. They are actually a lot safer than they used to be...as safe as a gun can get I guess. Have Pete talk to Morgan. They'll bond over it I'm sure.
Post a Comment