Friday, January 02, 2009

already behind...

so i meant to post this yesterday, but i forgot and started doing some other things. blarg!

here are my resolutions. or at least the ones that i am open to sharing.

1. lose more weight and fit into my cute clothes again. i refuse to buy a whole new wardrobe to fit my current fat self. we don't have any money for me to do that, and i don't like the way i look in bigger clothes. i just look...well...bigger. i've already lost 3 pounds in about 3 weeks. it's not much, but it's a good start. i'm already lighter than i was before i got pregnant. yeah. i was fat before the pregnancy. shameful.

2. eat more veggies and fruits every day. i'm trying to make a conscious effort every day. i notice a difference when i don't get a daily dose.

3. drink more water. i don't drink lots of other beverages, like soda or anything that much anymore. i only have it once every 1-2 weeks, which i think is decent. i just forget to drink anything sometimes. is that weird?

4. learn to sew. i should say re-learn, because i used to know how to sew really well. i had home ec in middle school, and i was the one who used to help other kids in class with their sewing projects. what happened?

5. figure out what i can do as a home occupation. i trained for a home job thing, but the idea and desire sort of fizzled. the commitment to the hours and to the client were not something i could give, especially since my child required/s so much of me. *if i don't do this for 2009, i'm not going to beat myself up. maybe someone else?

6. write more letters. i miss snail mail. our world has become so convenient so fast, and i miss what it was like only a decade before. if i have your address, you just might get a letter from me this year.

7. study my japanese. it's been so long since i've used my language skills, and i'm terrible at it now. i don't know any japanese people in minnesota, and i'm embarassed to speak now. i think i will try teaching izzy simple stuff as practice for myself.

8. make new acquaintances/friends and rekindle old friendships. although i didn't want to join facebook for the longest time, i have been able to find some of my favorite long-lost people. it's cool. i'm not sure how i will find new friends, but i plan on being more social this year. i think izzy needs to be around more people than just me.

9. share the gospel. this is a big one for me. i'm really nervous about talking about the church with people, because i always feel so inadequate in explaining the church and baring my testimony. but i've always wanted to be able to share the gospel and help bring someone to the church. it just seems so fulfilling when i think of it.

10. take more pictures, develop pictures, frame/mount pictures. i love pictures, and i need more of them up and around. i have so many in boxes, and i wish they were in albums and frames. that is my goal to get on that. i don't scrapbook, so just putting them in albums is good enough for me.

so...what are your resolutions?

4 comments:

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

i'll help you with one of those resolutions...write me a letter! i love letters....and i think you know that. these are great resolutions. i haven't sat down and seriously considered mine yet...but i need to!

Running Chick Mis said...

I can also help you with one of yours -Sewing! That is one of my resolutions to do more of the things I love, which I am getting better at and need to do more often!

The Human Fund said...

I forget to drink water, too! I get thirsty and then I become preoccupied with Bean and I forget. Next thing I know, I am thirsty as hell.
This year I just want to continue exercising. I've started and I need to stay on it.
To Running Chick Mis:
I have that bowling ball!!!

amanda said...

missy, we need to get together! and yes, you need to help me sew. i have a sewing machine, and i have never even taken it out of the box. i won't even tell you how many years i've had it now...

eva, you are so getting letter. i want to make it nice-ish, since you have sent me such nice little things in the mail. i don't want mine to be boring.

lars, the only thing that helped me remember that i needed to drink was the baby. as soon as she started nursing, i would instantly be thirsty. kind of weird. i don't know if that helped shed the baby weight or not, but it didn't hurt. i'm now just at the fat, lazy butt weight which i accumulated before the baby.