who's that kickin' my behind?
wanna know? it was my wii fit. i did the yoga on it, and i've never done yoga before. well...besides the lazy attempts at downward dog while pregnant, i've never done yoga. it was kicking my trash. fo' real.
my goal is to lose 10 pounds in 2 months. i think, i hope, i will lose it. and then just maybe i can buy some cute jeans. or at least fit into my pairs of cute jeans i still own.
if i don't lose it, what should be my penalty? any suggestions?
5 comments:
what about getting rid of those cute jeans, like donating them or something...
im in the same boat, I've joined a class and work out three times a week now, so im hoping that will get me back in shape. I just have to stop eating junky now...
eh, the jeans are too nice to get rid of. i paid a lot of money for them, so i sort of want to be able to wear them again. it seems silly, i know. i refuse to accept that i will be "this size."
not eating junky is hard for me. i enjoy my ice cream and occasional soda. i drink diet soda now, but only diet root beer. sounds gross, but it doesn't even phase me.
what kind of class are you doing?
Have you tried pilates? I love that stuff!
Yoga ends up being one of two things for me: a nap or a fart-fest.
As for your penalty...man. I don't know. Maybe the best route is to reward yourself for every two days that you don't eat junk food (as long as the reward isn't food-related).
When I was trying to quit smoking, one of the mental tricks I used was to tell myself, "I won't smoke today. I'll smoke tomorrow." By the end of the day, I felt SO good that I hadn't smoked. The next morning I had to start over and it was kind of hard by midday, but I just told myself the same thing over again, and most of the time, it worked.
And sometimes there are fatty snacks that really aren't too unhealthy for you. It's good for your body to have some fat once in a while to trick your metabolism into remaining active. When you stay on a very low-cal diet day-in and day-out, your body adjusts and burns fewer calories. Every three or four days sneak in just one piece of pizza or one bowl of ice cream. Then you aren't totally depriving yourself and you are keeping your metabolism up and running. It also keeps you from going crazy and it creates balance. It's like, "I can eat some junk now and then, just not every day and I have to eat it in moderation." It also helps to write stuff down. I have a Hello Kitty notebook I use. Nothing like a picture of a fat cartoon cat to get you motivated.
I was told by a friend who's sister owns a gym, got that?, diet is 90% of losing weight. I know boo, but that's how I lost my weight. South Beach Diet did it for me, but my friend does weight watchers and it really worked well for her.
Your penalty should be that you have to wear fitted clothes.
yuck. that's a terrible penalty, mo. i'm doing my best to hide the muffin top now, so that would really suck.
yeah...i figure i should change my diet a bit. i, however, refuse to alter it drastically. i'm not into dieting, because i have no willpower. the only thing i can do is eat well for all my meals and then treat myself once in a while. otherwise, i would go crazy and end up relapsing or giving up on the diet totally which would do me no good.
Post a Comment