Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Matrix

Hello everyone (This is Pete not Amanda)

The other day the Matrix was on TV and so I started watching it. After the first commercial break I decided that I didn't want to watch the Matrix with commercials so I got out our DVD and started watching the Matrix commercial free. I forgot what a freaking awesome movie it is! I hadn't seen it for a few years, but watching it I was reminded of how cool it was when it first came out (and how cool it still is); The camera work, the action sequences, and most importantly the story line. The story line is gooood. I remember being blown away when they pull Neo out of the machine energy plant and we figure out what the matrix is.

So after watching the Matrix, I wanted to watch the second one. Luckily, my wife is so bodaciously awesome that she bought me the Matrix box set a few Christmases (that's probably not a word) ago. So the next day I popped in the second one and that one is freaking awesome too. So after I finished that one (took a few days) I wanted to watch the third one. So i started watching the third one.

From what I remembered I didn't like the ending before. But this time I really liked it. I know all these people have issues with the whole Neo representing Christ thing, but I don't. It's a freaking movie about machines ruling the world.

But aside from all that, it was a compelling trilogy with a great story, fast paced action, and I hope they make another three at some point in time. As for all of you, go rent it and watch it again. The trilogy should be ranked, as one movie, in the top 10 greatest movies of all time.

1 comment:

amanda said...

i don't necessarily agree with pete as this being one of the top 10 of all time, but it certainly is a worthwhile trilogy. i am just glad that keanu found his niche in hollywood. bill & ted's and his band, dogstar, just weren't doing it for him.