More Movies
75 - Austin Powers (The trilogy)
If you don't like this pick I will feed you to my sharks with laser beams on their heads...
74 - Pirates of Caribbean (Only the first one)
One of my favorite rides at Disney World. Liked the movie even better.
73 - So I Married an Axe Murderer
Mike Myers at his best. The Scottish father scene is one of the funnies scenes ever. The best part is that Anthony Lapaglia can't stop from laughing while they were filming the scene.
72 - Bourne Identity (The Trilogy)
I love spy novels. I love spy movies. I love Matt Damon as a spy. The chase scenes, car chase scenes, fight scenes. However, the second movie did make Amanda motion sick which I find funny and concerning at the same time.
71 - The Karate Kid
I was wrestling with my brother the other day and I pulled a paint the fence move and said it as I did it. If that doesn't indicate the lasting effect of the movie, I don't know what does. (yes I am 30 and I still wrestle with my brothers) If you disagree I might just have to put you in a body bag.
70 - The Goonies
Not the best movie ever, but watching this movie is very comfortable. Its like sitting in front of fireplace. Just feels nice. Its a campy, funny movie.
69 - The Breakfast Club
I don't know. Its a classic.
68 - Finding Neverland
My name is Peter. Guess how many times people called me Peter Pan? Well I don't really know but it was a lot. Sometimes I wished I could go to Neverland so people would stop calling me Peter Pan. Very touching movie. Some of the best child acting I have ever seen. The scene with the orphans watching the play was adorable.
67 - Batman Begins
I almost put the original Batman on this list. But I like this version a lot more. The original was great. The others ruined the Batman franchise, but Christian Bale came to the rescue. Although, I would prefer a cat woman Michelle Pfeiffer to Katie Holmes any day.
66 - Kill Bill I & II
I like revenge movies. Man on Fire was so close to being on this list. I like characters that have enough moral ambiguity to exact revenge on those that have harmed them or their family. I think that's why Porter Rockwell has always been a captivating LDS historical figure. Not to say that he would have done what Uma Thurman did...how did I get on this tangent? Ahh...the beauty of the Blog.
65 - Contact
Interesting movie about faith. Made me think. This probably should be moved back toward the end because I would rather watch Anchorman, but whatever.
64 - Field of Dreams
I didn't mean to put the faith movies together. I used Field of Dreams for one of my lessons in our priest quorum. It was a good lesson.
63 - Lost Boys
I like vampires. Well I don't like vampires per say but I do like vampire stories. And this is a good one. It also has the two Cories at their best during the 80's. There is a new TV show called Moonlight. It is about a vampire and I really like the show. One of my new favorites. I think it would be kind of cool to be a vampire. Not the Keifer Sutherland kind, but the Moonlight kind.
62 - Boyz N The Hood
I wasn't sure if I should include this but it was the start of a huge film genre with movies like Juice and New Jack City. It was also highly controversial. Now it seems tame compared to what's out there.
61 - Superman (The Original)
I don't know why he turned time back for Lois Lane. She wasn't that hot and she was kind of bitchy. I mean he knew how she treated his alter ego, right? Although I didn't think about it while making this list, Mystery Men is a hilariously underrated movie. The scene when they are talking about the main superhero and how he can't be his alter ego. "But he can't be, he wears glasses." Oh that's rich!
60 - Ghost Busters
Let's switch this spot with Magnolia. I agree with Mrs. Everything. Magnolia should be moved further up and I think Ghost Busters should be moved back a few spots.
New ranking - #80
59 - Blade Runner
This could really be a lot higher, but on rewatchability I have to leave it here. I like science fiction. I think this is a completely unique movie, but its not easy for me to watch very often. In fact I have only seen it all the way through once.
58 - Romeo & Juliet (The Leonardo Version)
I like Baz Lurman's style. And it has Michael from Lost before he became a bastard and betrayed all his friends...
57 - Stand By Me
Think Keifer had to act in these movies, or do his current personal problems reflect a life time of personal problems?
56 - Wayne's World (let's pretend the second one never happened)
I wonder if our kids will think the comedies we find funny will be funny to them? I suspect not. I don't have Animal House or Blues Brothers on this list. I have never seen Animal House so I can't put it on the list, but I guess I didn't really like Blues Brothers that much. Hmmm..I might have to rethink this. I actually did find it pretty funny.
56 - (A) Blues Brothers
Okay. Our kids might think our comedies are funny. Blues Brothers is a good movie.
55 - Jurassic Park
Great adaptation of the book. Very cool new movie technology. I had a film class at UVSC and this was one of the films we talked about as being one of the great movies ever made. I kind of agree. Not sure if it would make the best 100 of all time, but I'll throw it into this list.
54 - Terminator 2
Didn't really like the first one, and the third one was entertaining but not good enough to put into this list. Still a cool movie.
53 - Unbreakable
Huge M. Night Shyamalan fan. His movies are unique. I personally enjoy his pacing and story telling. I think with this movie it was either a love or hate thing. I loved it.
52 - Dances With Wolves
Beautiful movie. It makes you realize how badly we treated Native Americans. And probably Kevin Costner's best work.
51 - A Simple Plan
I have only seen this movie once. It may be one of the hardest movies to watch that I have ever seen. It shows the subtle decline of Bill Paxton's character as he continues to make bad decisions to keep a bunch of money that he found. It is heartbreaking and compelling.
50 - Rocky IV
I remember watching this when I was 8 years old. We lived on a farm in Michigan and it was the winter. I went outside and ran laps around our farm because I felt so motivated by the movie. No other movie has made me get out of my seat like that. I mean they have a statue of Rocky (A fictional character) in Philadelphia.
49 - Best in Show
Christopher Guest is also a genius. His movies are a good way to screen friends. If someone really doesn't like one of his movies, you probably don't want to be friends with them. If they don't get the subtle humor, they don't really have a very good sense of humor. Unless you don't like his movies in the first place, then you would want to be friends with the people that don't like his movies. But then you would hate this pick...by the way I think I could bench-press you!
48 - Adaptation
That Charlie Kauffman. This is probably Nick Cages best movie. I mean I did enjoy National Treasure, but...I was like totally wasted man J/K. The book the Orchid Thief was actually really interesting, but his adaptation is really really cool.
47 - Raising Arizona
Nick Cage again. Didn't mean for that to happen. Coen Brothers are hit or miss for me. They have some amazing movies, and then some not so amazing movies. What happened to Holly Hunter by the way? She looks terrible lately.Oh, and by the way people, Fargo is not in Minnesota. It is in North Dakota.
46 - Stranger Than Fiction
I really like this movie. This gets tough cause I could have this movie in my top 10, but its like 1 -50 could be my favorite movie depending on what day it is. But this is an excellent movie. Does anyone else think Maggie Gyllenhaal is kind of weird looking?
45 - The Shining
If you like Stephen King, or have read the book, this movie makes even more sense. Especially if you are big Stephen King fan. And in the book, the caretaker guy lives, the one who could communicate with Danny. I don't why they gotta have the only black man in the movie rush across the USA through a snowstorm and then die right when he gets there. What's up with that?
44 - Pieces of April
Really touching movie. Its amazing how small independent films can be so much better than than the big overproduced hollywood movies. (I don't capitalize hollywood cause I don't think they deserve it)
43 - The Ring
Scariest movie ever. I don't like slasher films and I don't think they are real scary movies. They just depend on people being stupid and a lot of blood and gore. The ring is just straight up creepy. Watching it alone in the dark is...I still get scared.
42 - E.T.
I haven't seen it in a long time. I'm afraid that if I do it will lose the magic I remember it having from when I was a kid. It might just seem cheap and silly.
41 - Hoosiers
I love basketball. Best basketball movie ever made. I can hear the music from the last basketball game montage..naaah nah nah na naaah nah naah na naah nah na na nah nah..
40 - Forrest Gump
Feel good movie. Great historical narrative. And I would like to someday live in Savannah, Georgia. That is where he is sitting on the bench waiting for the bus. Savannah is so cool. And if you live in the historical district and want to paint your house, you have to buy paint that is made they made paint from back in the early 1900's.
40 - (B) Dazed and Confused
I mean..Martha Washington was the coolest lady ever. She would have a doobie waiting for George when he got home...
39 - Sixteen Candles
I know this movie has been overplayed on the television and the whole bit, but it is a classic. And no matter how many times I have seen it, I can still sit turn this movie on and be entertained.
38 - Beetle Juice
Not sure what to say here except I think Tim Burton does drugs.
38 - (B) Empire Records
No way man, If Rex Manning were on the side of the road, Axel would grab the wheel and...
37 - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Can still watch it and be entertained.
36 - Unstrung Heroes
Touching movie. A really under the radar movie that I don't think many people have seen but very well done and great acting. Michael Richards is in it.
35 - Lost in Translation
Good solid movie. Darkly humorous. Bill Murray is outstanding in this movie.
34 - Braveheart
My parents don't watch rated R movies and as a result they didn't want us watching rated R movies. I still did but my dad told me to go see this movie when it came out. Braveheart and A Few Good Men were the only rated R movies that I got the OK to go see. Naturally this was a great movie.
33 - Say Anything
Maybe the greatest romantic dramedy ever made. LLoyd Dobler is a classic character and every time I hear In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel, I think of this movie.
32 - Dead Poet's Society
Oh captain my captain. That scene makes me tear up every time I see it.
32 - (B) Almost Famous
Almost forgot about it. I really like the guest appearance of musician Mark Kozelek as the drummer for the band. Jason Lee is another actor who I like almost anything that he's in, ever since Mall Rats. The scene when the lead singer gets on the bus and they all start singing Tiny Dancer. I look forward to that scene the most, but you have to watch everything before it for it to be a really great scene. That's why it is such a great scene.
31 - Raiders of The Lost Ark
Okay. I wanted to be an Archeologist after seeing this movie. I don't what little kid didn't want to be. However, after The Temple of Doom (eating weird stuff and being stuck in a room of bugs) helped me get over that dream.
30 - Goodfellas
You know, this could move off the list. It was a good movie and well acted, but...I don't know. I don't really like watching it that much and I think I got swayed by the critics. So Almost Famous moves here and Goodfellas moves to Honorable Mention
29 - Secret of Nimh
Another movie that I have not scene for a long time but was magical to me as a kid.
28 - Starwars (I, II, III The Newer Ones)
The order I like these is III, I, II. They are good and I do like them, but they are not as good as the originals.
27 - The Jerk
Another good movie to judge your friends by. If they don't like it, they aren't that cool.
26 - Back to the Future (I & II - Let's pretend like the 3rd one never happened)
Where we're going we don't need roads...
No comments:
Post a Comment