Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A note to another NBA fan

Justin,

Its just good to know that there are some other NBA fans out there.

Now if i were a jazz fan and they were going through a rebuilding process, I probably would not mind spending my time or money in support of the organization. It would be a capitalistic venture that I could get behind. A good owner, a great coach, and a good organization that knows how to win and build a winning team. If MJ didn't exist, the Jazz would have won a few titles.

However, being a fan of the T-Wolves is like investing in giant Helium balloons (Like the Zephyr). Yeah it may seem cool for a while, but until they completely change directions its going to blow up in your face every single time. If they fired McHale and hired a good coach, I would probably spend more time and money because I could see they are trying to build a good future product. Its like investing in a new start up. But at the moment, I'm pulling my investment till they shape up. If they end up doing well with the current GM and coach, I guess I will end up being one of those bandwagon fans that comes out of the woodwork. But I will at least be able to name the starting 5 for almost every team in the NBA.

Found this column today on the Sports Guy's links page. This kind of sums up how I feel about it.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf?/base/sports/1199679907183140.xml&coll=7

1 comment:

amanda said...

i'm glad my husband is not the only one who obsesses about the nba this much.