The Top 25
25 - JFK
Great movie by Oliver Stone. Very interesting film showing the debate around the assassination of JFK.
24 - Memento
Amazing movie. I can't watch it very often though, it is too mind blowing.
23 - Last of the Mohicans
The movie is way better than the book. I loved this movie when I first saw it and I still love it. The music, cinematography, and acting are all unbelievable. I also have a fascination with Native American history. My friend Josh Dunn and I tried to find peyote once, but The Native American Church wouldn't give up the goods.
22 - The Lord of the Rings (Trilogy)
Maybe some of you wonder why this wouldn't be higher, I have a few good reasons. It is too long. I mean it is an amazing piece of cinematic work, but just too long. My favorite story about watching this is Amanda and I went to see the third one in the theater with some friends. In the middle of the scene when Sam sees Frodo at the end of the movie and they basically want make sweet hobbit love I lean over to Amanda and whisper "This is the Hobbit erotica part of the movie." She starts cracking up and the theater was super quiet so people start shusshing her. Oh man. That was funny!
21 - The Natural
The ending scene when he hits the homerun and the lightbulbs start blowing up, I get chills every time I see it. I know that could never happen in real life, but...maybe?
20 - This is Spinal Tap
The first mockumentary by Christopher Guest. The songs are awesome.
19 - Punch Drunk Love
P.T Anderson does such a phenomenal job of building up tension in this movie. With the music, the camera shots, and if I had sisters like that I would punch glass doors too.
18 - Snow Falling on Cedars
I love this movie. It has some of the most beautiful cinematography. I enjoyed the book but I thought the movie was better. I usually like the books more than the movies, but the movie did a really good job. Used a clip from this movie in a Priest Quorum lesson once too.
17 - Fight Club
Who didn't want to be Brad Pitt from this movie? I don't know if any of you remember the original fight club started in Provo. Yeah that was my ward. My buddy boxed in that fight club. It was pretty sweet.
17 - (B) The Departed
I almost forgot about this movie. So Mark Whalberg got Leonardo's message and killed the rat, right?
16 - Superbad, Knocked Up
I am putting these movies together. They are basically made by the same guys and produced by the same guy. Jud Apatow produced these and he is responsible for some of the greatest comedies of the last 5 years. Check him out on IMDB.com. Superbad is dirty, I know, but I can't stop laughing when I watch it.
15 - Rushmore
What are those?
O.R scrubs.
Oh, are they?
14 - Donnie Darko
Took me a while to wrap my head around this movie. The creative montage set to the Mad World by Gary Jules is one of my favorites.
13 - The Big Lebowski
I have probably seen this movie like 75 times. The Dude abides.
12 - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Cool cool movie. That Charlie Kaufman, at it again.
11 - High Fidelity
If you love music, this has to be one of your favorite movies. I don't feel the need to elaborate on the top 25, cause if you haven't seen them them shame on you...
11 - (B) Amelie
I almost forgot about this one too.
10 - Snatch
There is something about British accents that just adds humor sometimes. They probably don't think so, but I do.
9 - O Brother Where Art Thou?
Stupendous!
8 - Napoleon Dynamite
7 - Legends of the Fall
6 - Office Space
5 - The Sixth Sense
4 - The Usual Suspects
3 - The Matrix (Trilogy)
2 - The Shawshank Redemption
1 - Star Wars (IV, V, VI)
4 comments:
Legends of The Fall before the Departed?! Are you joking? Pete you have to admit you laugh every time you watch that scene where a stroke stricken (does that work? Perhaps just "stroked") Anthony Hopkins hugs Tristan and then it pans out to the Indian shouting some silly gibberish gook. That makes me laugh just thinkinga about it.
yeah. You're right. Like I said in the beginning, its like 20 ties instead of 100 from least to best. But I will concede to your concerns and swap the two. So everyone, Legends of the Fall and The Departed swapped spots. Happy now arctic penguin?
YES! Pete I dont even know if I could rank movies. It would have to be like, 100 movis I like in no particular order. You know, because I can't say I like Babbet's Feast more than Raging Bull. They are totally different movies that accomplish totally different things.
true that my brother. Thats why the list is so hard. And some days I would rather watch Anchorman and think its the best movie ever and another day i would rather watch Snow Falling on Cedars and think its the best movie ever. Its so subjective...
Post a Comment