houston, we have no more room...
i apologize for my lack of belly photos in the last little while. i just get busy and tired, and most times i don't want to pose for the pictures. it's not a "pretty time" for me right now. or at least, i don't feel that way.
these shots were taken last week after church. i was at 33 weeks (am 34 weeks now). so...i guess that means i have 6 weeks left. but, i am hoping for my bun to be "fully baked" by 37 or 38. it's just super-hurty, and i can't imagine there being more room or skin to hold her up anymore.
camera one.
camera two. this pic really shows how far this baby is sticking out from my person. everyone that sees me now thinks i am about to pop any second. and then i tell them i have 6 weeks left, and i always get that sympathetic look which makes me want to cry.
i'm an orange on a stick. or better yet, a pumelo on a stick. those of you who don't know what a pumelo is, go to the grocery store. they are ginormous.
13 comments:
I think it's going to be a long stretch here...
Oh, so cute! I do feel for you, though. I remember one Sunday I just started crying in the middle of sunday school and I asked Ben if we could leave. We did. It is uber-hurty and uncomfortable those last few weeks. I always talk about how fun pregnancy was and Ben gives me this weird look and tells me how much I complained.
I'm sorry, Amanda! Keep greasing up that belly and hopefully your skin can keep stretching :).
you're adorable! but i feel you on the whole "not a pretty time." i don't mind pictures of my belly, because i can mentally detach myself and forget that it's actually me, but pictures of my face AND my belly are a whole different story.
Oh! I am so glad to see you so pregnant. It brings back memories. Also, I looove pumelos.
i guess i could take pictures of my face and belly, but i always take pictures at the end of the day when i look super tired and blah.
suzy, my back hurt so bad last night that i had pete put some icy hot on my back before i went to bed. the initial cold and the pain from my back were not a good combination, because it made me flinch really hard. the flinching made the pain worse, and i just started bawling. pete was confused, i'm sure. i can't ever explain to him how i feel, because i don't know how or think that he would understand me.
That's the worst part, that your husband will never ever understand what you are going through, that goes for the labor part too. I'm sure it is torture for them to have to watch us be miserable though. Not that it is any consolation but you look cute. I don't think you look big at all either, I'm shocked that people say you look like you are going to pop. I'm pretty sure I got ginormous with Lila and I'm already feeling huge with this one, I guess that's what happens when we are growing a kid in side of us.
your belly is so cute!! Any time you want some maternity pix taken with your face AND belly give me a call. We can silhouette it if you want. hehe.
your bump is so cute!!
its funny how you really think you can't get any bigger and then you do, lots bigger.
Oh man! Why do pregnant women always look like the last frame in the sequence right before the Alien tears out of that dudes belly. Know why? Because that is exactly what it looks like.
Amanda,
I am working in San Francisco now. Life is good. I am super stoked for your baby! I had no idea. Congratulations! I don't blog that often but would like to blog more. On that note, how does one add blog friends to their's? I have tried to figure it out and have realized that I am an idiot. Anyway, it was great to hear from you and good luck with the infant. Tell Pete hi for me.
Tim
tim! so good to hear from you. san fran is amazing. i am so jealous. we would love to live there, but the cost of living is a bit out of our price range.
i'm not super knowledgable when it comes to adding people to blogs, but i think all you need to do is click on the little wrench thingie near where your friends list is. you can copy and paste the link of who you want to add there. if you just go to the blogger homepage, it will give you some instructions too. sometimes the instructions just confuse me more though.
i'd like to chat with you sometime. send me your email. mine is indievisabull@gmail.com. i always have my g-chat up during work, so we can catch up there too.
first off that might be the cutest belly in the whole wide world! (cute dress too!), secondly, find a pool, indoor would be prefect ;p...and get in. you feel weightless, move gracefully, and don't have to pee for a while! That is my best advice for the owiness and the feeling like the marshmallow man in ghostbusters...congrats though, I don't think i have said it yet!
Love the dress, love the tummy, and you look better than I did with six weeks left. At least people weren't surprised to find out that you weren't having twins!
Post a Comment