Sunday, April 20, 2008

i told you it would be a werewolf

today, pete told me something that his brother had told him a little while ago. it's not something that i don't believe, but it seems like it could be another old wive's tale. i kind of like it though, because it means that something might happen tonight (if i'm lucky).

apparently, there is some talk about birthing centers being staffed heavily on nights that there is a full moon. something about how women experience contractions, sometimes false labor, or their water actually breaks. you know how they say that the moon's gravitational pull has an effect on the tides? well, it is believed by some that it can affect the fluid in the amniotic sac. jigga what?

i've been busily grabbing last minute items to head out sometime tonight, if that is really the case. i'm not really that superstitious. i'm just anxious and exhausted. and...i don't want to finish my last week of work. i know. so bad.


so if my baby is delivered tonight, i hope that "thriller" is playing in the background.



p.s. i also learned that i need to be more patient in this pregnancy, but it's really hard to considering that sleeping is not an option and my limbs are replicas of doll parts.

6 comments:

The Human Fund said...

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that your labor starts soon....
As for your lack of patience, sometimes patience is a luxury and not a virtue. Especially in cases like these.

Sarah BTW said...

poor amanda. we're praying for you.

Becca said...

amanda, i'm sorry to tell you that the not sleeping part doesn't get better after the baby is born. i haven't slept through the night in five years.

but, i'll be sending you all my good gravitational thoughts tonight! if it works, would you consider naming your baby "blanket"?

alysha said...

may it be quick and painless!

Mojo said...

I know how you feel, that's why Asher came 3 1/2 weeks early. He knew I couldn't take it anymore. So that makes you a better woman than I; I couldn't have the patience to last the rest of my last month.

Veeda said...

I have to agree with Becca ... not sleeping at night is worse after the baby comes.

By the way, I've heard that lots of babies are delievered on full moon nights too. Wierd huh?

I wonder if you are still pregnant as I type this.