it's a zine thing
so i got a $30 giftcard for magazines.com at one of my baby showers, and i am contemplating which magazines i want to get. pete and i want to learn some new recipes or ways to cook our favorite ones. i've always liked this one:
i,like veeda, enjoy this magazine a lot too. i know i can't and won't be able to travel a ton now that my extra cash will go toward kids, but i can still dream...and plan, right? maybe i may end up winning the contest they always run in this magazine.
i love this magazine too and not just because becca gholdston works for them. i don't think i have ever done any of the projects from this magazine, but i will one day. it's just fun to see all the creativity and ideas that are in there.
pete and i also want to get a parenting magazine too, but we don't know which one is good or even remotely useful. i almost just want to splurge and get "real simple," because it's sort of family-oriented. i mean, isn't it? anyone have any good recommendations?
6 comments:
Oh man. The Big Sur (I know it's technically "Big Sur") is by far the most beautiful place on earth.
wonder time is a fabulous parenting magazine that's not dumb or too cool for the average human being (ie Cookie)
hi, by the way
hey erin. it's been a while. i saw that magazine on the website, and i was wondering if that would be a good one. and yes, cookie seems out of my league. most of the stuff seems too expensive or not "typical" of a family on a budget.
I really love cookie...then again I'm not a mom and really I'm just in love with Boots (http://www.cookiemag.com/style/kidstyle/features/2006/09/kidshaircuts?slide=3#showSlide).
I vote for Readymade, it has a special place in my heart because I found my honeymoon spot in an article about "off the beaten path romantic getaways"
um... i don't vote for readymade because even though it is fun, i feel like i'll never make any of the projects... and a there are a lot of dumb projects like "make a disco ball out of old cds".
I subscribe to Real Simple, and sometimes I feel like every issue is the same. I was in love with it at first, but now it seems like it's the same thing. "How to Clean Your House" is like in every copy.
I've always wanted to try Child or Parents (not Parenting).
Post a Comment