3 Things I Hate
Here are 3 things I hate more than anything else in the world:
1. The Cold!!!
I hate the cold more than anything else in the world. You can ask Amanda about it and she will tell you I am the biggest baby when it comes to the cold, and she is right. I whine and cry about being cold all winter long. Part of the problem is that I hate wearing jackets and coats (Just layers in general). I hate putting on a bunch of layers to get in the car. And then it gets too hot. And then when we get inside whatever building we are going to I have to take off my layers and I have to carry them around. I hate it! I hate it! I hate it! (That is me throwing a temper tantrum and acting like a baby). I have probably asked myself 1,000 times in the past 3 months why we live in MN. I guess cause we have a house and we both have good jobs and it would be too hard to move at the present time. But I vow I will get out here someday...but then the spring comes and it's great.
But for real, all you environmental freaks out there, it has been 5 degrees cooler on average this winter here in MN. So instead of -5 it has been -10. we just got out of a 3 month deep freeze with -30 wind chills. So take your stupid, idiotic, dumb, narcissistic theory of global warming and shove it down your pants cause I could use a little temperature upgrade. We have actually converted our home to dirty coal and gasoline to help speed up the process.
2. Cockroaches!!
I HATE Cockroaches more than anything in the world!!
They are dirty and gross and I almost threw up in my mouth looking at pictures on the internet. For those of you who have never lived in the South, I applaud your efforts at keeping your distance. The worst is when they start flying at your head. That scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when she is in that corridor with all the bugs makes me dry heave every time I watch it. Quick cockroach story:
When I was on my mission I waited for my visa in Boston for 3 months. When I finally got the call that we cleared our visa, it was a 2 day process to get from Boston to Chihuahua, Mexico. So I slept maybe 5 hours in two days and finally got into Juarez at 1 in the morning on my first day in Mexico. When I went to use the bathroom when we finally got to our place and flipped on the light and 1000's of cockroaches went scurrying around. Ugggh. So I finally started to get to sleep and I felt something crawling on me so I leap up and turn on the light and a cockroach is on my blanket. And my companion is like "Que pasa? Gringo loco!" And i'm like Cucaracha. And he's like Duermete. tenemos que levantarnos muy temprano. ( Go to sleep. We have to get up early in the morning). Thanks for the love companero. So the rest of the night i just laid there and every time I felt my skin tingle i wanted to scream and shout but I just swept my hand over the spot and hoped it wasn't a cockroach. The next day I went to the store and bought some cockroach traps and we cut down on our cockroach problem by 95%.
3. Shaving!!
I hate shaving more than anything else in the world except the cold and cockroaches!!
I just hate shaving. It makes my face hurt. If you do it every day it starts to hurt every time you shave. I try to go 3-4 days without shaving. It doesn't hurt that much when you do shave and it really cuts down on razor burn. I try to make sure I am clean-shaven for church but that doesn't always happen.
2 comments:
Me too! I hate, hate, hate cockroaches. Yuck! Also, it's very cold in Chicago as well, and today it's supposed to snow, again!
i was walking into my house with my friend, sarah m., when i was in high school. it was a spring evening, which meant it was probably 70-80 degrees already in georgia. this freakin' palmetto bug (translation for non-southerners: giant man-hating cockroaches) flew into my house, chased us into the kitchen and cornered us in the laundry room. we were screaming bloody murder for a while before anyone in my family came to my aid to just laugh hysterically at us. stupid bug. i still don't understand their purpose in the world.
Post a Comment