Tuesday, February 26, 2008

3 Things I Love (Not people or places. Just things)


1. Cats. I love cats. We have two cats and if Amanda let me we would probably have 10 cats. I love all the silly things they do and how funny they are. Not a day goes bye that I don't think my cats are funny or cute. I one day dream of having a cat shelter. I would be the old person in the neighborhood with 100 cats. When we watch AFV (America's Funniest Home Videos) I laugh hysterically at their cat clips. I think Amanda likes the cat clips more cause she gets a kick out of watching me laugh so hard.



2. Cooking. This a newly acquired love and one that I didn't think I would ever really enjoy. But I do now. Now I don't really experiment with cooking. I get recipes and follow them pretty closely. But I like trying new things and think it is fun to make new foods that I have never made. However, the most enjoyable part is that I get to spend time with Amanda. We both work and cooking lets us do something together that is fun and satisfying. We have started watching the Food network a lot more. This week we are going to try a new recipe for pork chops. It involves apples, so that can only be a good thing.



3. Playing Golf. This is also pretty new, as of a few years ago. I always though golf was too expensive to start. And it is. But I bought the cheapest clubs I could find and I try to hit up the golf courses during their hours when they have specials. A few of the reasons why I love golf: (1)It gets me outside. As stated before, i hate the cold, but I love the heat. I don't care if it's 90 degrees and 90% humidity. I will still go play golf. I love being warm, and what better way than to be in the sunshine.
(2) Exercise. I will walk the course whenever possible. I could not find people to go with a lot last summer. So I went by myself. I would just plug in my ipod, hack at the ball, and walk the course.
(3) It can be the most frustrating and most fun sport ever. Golf is one of those sports that you could have the most amazing round of golf (When I say amazing I mean that I got a par at least once and I kept it on the fairway 1/3 of the time) and go the next day and every shot is terrible. I enjoy the ups and downs of the game, the challenge of improving and playing better.

I am super stoked to get out this summer and play!

2 comments:

amanda said...

it is really fun to cook with pete. i am really particular when i cook (big surprise), and pete will cater to how i like my veggies chopped now too.

as for the cat-thing, i think the cats are listed as second beneficiaries...or would be if that was an option.

mary said...

golf is my hobby too- I really suck as well- but for a girl I can actually drive the ball pretty well, and i enjoy seeing guys reaction's to this... Chris and started maybe 3yrs ago. Its a good way to spend most of the day outside