Thursday, February 07, 2008

We caucused the other night!




So Amanda and I did our patriotic duty the other night and went and voted in our state caucus. So the caucus is a little different than a regular primary. Instead of there being voting booths, people meet at town halls or schools in their neighborhood. We met at the Medina City Hall and their were probably about 100 people. So everyone gathers in the town hall and a representative from each candidate gives a short introduction and reads a speech in favor of their candidate. (We were at the republican caucus by the way). This is me giving a rising speech in favor or Mitt Romney. JK. I didn't give a speech, but I would have. Anyway, each representative reads their speech and then they hand out ballots like it was 5th grade and you were electing the class president. You put a check next to the candidate you want and put it in the manila folder. Then they take them out and count them. After that you can leave or stay for the results. We stayed for the results. They read how many people voted for each candidate and they elect representatives to represent their precinct at the republican national convention.
This is Amanda covering her face. She doesn't want to be secretly assassinated by any lurking Democrats.


All in all it was smashing good fun. I am pretty bummed that Romney did not do that well in the primaries and has now suspended his campaign, but I'm glad we got to be a part of the political process.

1 comment:

amanda said...

i felt weird getting my picture taken here, for some reason. it felt like the times when my parents would ask me to stand in front of such-and-such mall sign or store or random statue in crowded area and look interested/happy. sort of embarassing.