Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What's That You Say?


OK. So here's the question. I went to get my haircut on Friday and my stylist ended up being this nice little old lady from Vietnam. She was really sweet and did a pretty decent job cutting my hair, but I don't want her to cut my hair ever again. The reason being is that she can't really speak English. I asked her one question about any good Vietnamese restaurants around the area and it took her 5 minutes to answer, she didn't really answer my question, and I didn't understand a damn word she said. She got done answering and then asked me something and I just nodded my head and was like "yeah. Sure." This went on for another twenty minutes with me nodding and acting like I knew where the conversation had been and where it was going.

Now don't get me wrong here. I love immigrants and have a deep love for all people Hispanic. But I just didn't have a good time having my haircut. I just didn't enjoy having to sit there and act like I know what she said. Amanda things I am being mean about it, so should I let her cut my hair again or should I find someone new?

4 comments:

amanda said...

why do you need to understand what she said? it's not like you are going to be best friends with her. support the immigrants...especially the asian ones! geez.

mary said...

maybe if you dominate the conversation, that way she is uncomfortably nodding in understanding and you dont have to worry

Spencer said...

Know one should have to suffer the indignity of losing the ability to conversate with the person who cuts their hair. we need to build a fence around the shop she is employed at, thereby keeping her from frustrating other hard working americans.

Veeda said...

I hate it when my stylist talks too much. Making polite conversation is overrated.