Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Dude, I am so tired...


No that is not me. I wish I were that skinny. But maybe flare out the hair and redden the eyes a little bit and that could be me...I can't remember the last time I was so tired...Oh yeah I do. The week Izzy was born. At least then I didn't have to go to work...

So our little girl likes to cry at night. We haven't quite figured out why, but it has led to a steady 4 hours of sleep a night. On top of that I have to get one of our rental properties ready to re-rent this week. So I have been waking up early to get to work early to leave early to get to the property and try to get home at a reasonable hour...I am living on a steady diet of Monster Energy drinks and caffeine (from soda not coffee so its ok)...I wish they had a cot here at work. I would take a nap...If this post seems a little too much like stream of consciousness there is probably a good reason...

5 comments:

Dan said...

Dude, baby Zantac. That's all that needs to be said.

amanda said...

we actually got a prescription for acid reflux yesterday. i don't know how long it takes to kick in, but we're hoping it helps relieve any pain she may be having.

Running Chick Mis said...

Hey
After I talked to Amanda I talked with another friend who had a colicy baby and she said baby massage. I know that there are books on it (& we know where to get them) and maybe classes on it. I know when you want to sleep you will try anything. This doesn't involve any scary tests.
Hang in there!

Hartless1 said...

DUDE! CONGRATS PETE! That is one gorgeous girl! Don't worry, you WILL sleep again! I remember feeling like I would NEVER sleep 8 straight hours in a row again the 1st wk after my daughter was born-she ended up sleeping through the night (6-8 hrs) by the 3rd week!

JAM said...

Wish I had some advice for you. But after one or two nights of me waking up Sheena and I realized that my grumpy state was not good for the baby. Since then I sleep pretty good right through it all. It has been more than once when I woke up and asked Sheena how Lila got in our bed. What the?