random question #2
what has happened with the elderly of today?
usually, you hear that stated about the youth. however, after getting flipped off on the road by an elderly gentleman...i do wonder. apparently, he was mad at me for not driving into oncoming cars at this intersection. he honked and honked and honked. i, and everyone else around was confused as to why he was so impatient. "guh. i'm trying not to get myself killed today grandpa. i've got a few more legs to go..."
2 comments:
I think that some of the elderly today suffer from entitlement issues: "I'm old, I'm going to do whatever the hell I want and you better comply."
As people get older they sometimes receive more special treatment--senior discounts; allowing them to skip us in line "because they're old and probably didn't notice;" and the huge market of new products that is now devoted to them. Just as teenagers are a huge target market, so are the elderly. Each group receives a disproportionate amount of attention. This isn't to say that they aren't worthy of our respect--most people (of all ages) are worthy of respect. I think perhaps the elderly have confused attention and special treatment with respect.
But, mostly I think it's entitlement. The baby-boomers are getting older and those baby-boomers were catered to quite a bit and they expect that to continue.
Alrighty, I'll be stepping down from my soapbox now.
Look, old people are just crabby because they are old and can't find pay phones anymore.
Post a Comment