Friday, July 04, 2008

A Few Movie Suggestions

This is a totally random list of suggestions about some movies I have seen lately.

First off:

Caddyshack. This movie is overrated. I mean its funny, but not that funny. On my list of the funniest movies ever, I don't know if it would crack the top 100. And as far as golf movies go, Happy Gilmore is much funnier.

Master & Commander Far Side of the World. This a great movie. The first time I saw it I wasn't sure what to think when I left the theater. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. On the second viewing, I liked it even more.

A Prairie Home Companion. I loved this movie, however I could see other people not enjoying the film so much. I guess I have a few things going in my favor. I live in Minnesota, I love listening to the radio show, and I enjoy a lot of the director Robert Altman's other films. So anyway, those are some suggestions. You can take em or leave em, dontcha know...

7 comments:

amanda said...

if you're wondering why pete is mentioning movies that have been released for a few years or more, it's because we don't believe in taking our baby to the movie theater with us. we would waste our money. it's almost a whole package of diapers to see a movie. we'll just wait for netflix or pete's mom's dvd stash.

Mike Kelly said...

are you sure you weren't accidentally watching caddyshack 2?

good policy on the baby/movies. people who take their baby to the movie are the rudest humans.

pete said...

Yeah. I'm sure it wasn't caddyshack 2. That ones not very good either.

Mike Kelly said...

did you not see the parts with bill murray? come on!

pete said...

Yeah.

amanda said...

man, mike. you really like this movie. i think it's just one of those movies you have to see in certain company for it to be funny. y' know?

Mike Kelly said...

for real. or be like really high.