Thursday, July 31, 2008

bad choice, mom

last night, izzy and i were settling in for the night. we try to get to bed around 10 o'clock every night to avoid her getting cranky. anyway, she was nursing and all of a sudden broke out into a mad fit of crying. she had been nursing for the past half hour and was fine up until then. it was frightening and sad and ear-piercing.

i tried patting her back, thinking it was a burp. nothing. i rocked her a little bit, thinking she may just be tired and upset. nope. so, i decided to go check her diaper and rock her in the glider. i checked her temperature, but there was no sign of a fever. umm...yeah. i ended up with a shoulder full of throw-up.

apparently, what i had eaten that night did not agree with my poor baby and it needed to come out. she cried and cried for a while. she did have a dirty diaper too, so we had to change that on top of barf clothes. poor thing was screaming bloody murder the whole time too. i felt so bad.

the only thing that consoled the poor babe was daddy rocking her, while she was wrapped in her blanket. she shuddered and sniffed for a half hour or so before dozing off.

note to self: never eat poor man's meat from a can, if you're nursing.

3 comments:

The Human Fund said...

Meat from a can still rocks.

Dude, when I just typed that, I accidentally typed a 't' instead of an 'n' in the word "can" so the first part of the sentence said "Meat from a cat." Gross. I promise that wasn't some kind of subconscious thing because you're Asian.

amanda said...

it would have been hilarious if you said cat. i like jokes.

Barbie said...

So I'm wondering what kind of canned meat was it anyway? Pardon my being presumptuous...but since I'm a mommy of a severely allergic child I'd just kindly suggest that you keep Izzy away from that stuff (was it tuna? in that case, then any fish) until she's three. It could possibly show she has a food sensitivity that could hang around. Oh I just hate when you can't figure out why they are crying. That is the worst.